Friday, June 6, 2014

Life After Disability

Hi ya'll,
 I wrote this about a few years back having to give up my career and start my fight to get disability benefits. I was only 30 yrs old and at the time and after I was forced to quit working ,due to my long battle with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I felt worthless and lost without a career. What was I suppose to do with myself now? It has been a journey for sure but I am happy to say life is so much better now than it was right after I stopped working. I wrote this for my Rheumatoid Arthritis closed suport group I started a couple years ago on facebook. When I started the group I wanted to be there for others because I knew first hand just depressing it is to feel all alone while battling this disease and I just had a passion...the need to help others but I had no idea that in my darkest of hours...when I was trying to help others...I could have never realized just how much they would end up saving me! How they would in return lift my spirits and give purpose to my life again. So this poems for RA Tray (closed group )(that anyone with RA is welcome to join us)  The end of this poems the best part so be sure to read it from beginning to end. Tears filled my eyes as I was writing it. I brought back all those dark days but thanks to the love & support of this great group of RA warriors...they gave my life a purpose a new meaning to my life...and for that.....I am forever grateful!!



Saved

When I felt down and worthless too you lift me up and made life's purpose feel new. Being disabled, and at such a young age, I thought to myself what will I do with my days? I can no longer work so whats my purpose in life? Is my only existence to just be a wife? I felt so lost for so long.Wondering and worrying i felt so alone. Being disabled can make you feel sad and worthless too but you're not worthless at all ..its just time to start new. A new adventure...a new chapter in life. I found my passion for crafting, my passion for art...my passion for writing...i was off to a great start. My need to feel accepted to not feel alone..i needed support to calm down the unknowns. So i came up with an idea and started a 
support group and thats how I come to know all of you. You saved me in my darkest hours...all those doubts that I had where gone within hours. No longer alone...no longer an outcast..those awful things are now things of the past. Thank you for giving back my purpose and my will to fight. In so many ways you saved this girls life.©

6-6-2014
Tracy Pierce


Thank you fellow RA warriors  for saving me in my darkest hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment