Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Major Motion Picture FINALLY with a Leading Actress with Rheumatoid Arthritis!

I have waited 21 years for a movie like this. One that is the real deal. Not some second rate corny acting/story line but a real major motion picture on the big screen with " A" List actors and actresses! One with a lead actor ( heck up till this point I would have taken any character ) accurately portrayed having Rheumatoid Arthritis. Save the date because the wait is finally over!  June 6, 2014 the major motion picture is released in the US called " Words & Pictures" . I can not explain just how excited I am to see this movie and I am pleading with everyone I know to please go see it!!! To my knowledge this is the first movie that openly portrays a woman newly diagnosed and struggling with life after her Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis. Below is an article posted on Arthritis Foundations website about the movie and features a clip of one scene with the lead actress ,with RA ,
struggling to open her medicine bottle. 
( click on the link below for video clip and article)

http://www.arthritistoday.org/what-you-can-do/everyday-solutions/relationships/words-and-pictures-movie.php

I cried the first time I watched the clip. It hits so close to home for me. I felt the pain she was acting she had. I know that pain and have known it for over 21 years now and I am so thrilled to finally see an accurate portrayal brought to the big screen and presented to the masses. Just think of how much awareness this could spread!  RA has been underestimated and confused with old persons Arthritis for many many years. This is huge for everyone living with Rheumatoid 
Arthritis and I am so  excited to share this news with you. Save the date! June 6, 2014 " Words & Pictures" hits a local theater near you! Go out and show your support!! 

The Official Trailer








No comments:

Post a Comment