Monday, May 6, 2013

Suicide and Self Harm Prevention Awareness

Have you ever had thoughts of suicide or harming yourself?  Have you ever felt there is just no end in sight and that things will never get better?  If you answered yes  then you are not alone.  I have had Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis for 20 years now.  I started out so strong and ready to fight and defeat this horrible disease.  Unfortunately there is no cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis and the longer you have it the worse the pain gets  and the more it spreads to more and more joints and the more it spreads it can cause joint destuction which can lead to joint more pain and eventually surgery. RA at times can be so very painful  and the flares that seem to never end and so much pain you wished you would just die already.
       Living like this makes it very easy to  become deeply depressed and consider suicide..After dealing with such deep unstoppable terrible terrible pain that no one seems to understand nor do they seem to really care ,suicide starts to look like a pretty good option.   I used to have such a stronger fighter within me but the fighter is slowly dying out and I am losing my will to fight.  I feel so weak so overwhelmed.  If it isn't the medicines i take to treat my Rheumatoid Arthritis making me deathly sick to where i can not function and i am bedridden then I am in god awful pain from head to toe from my RA and i cant function. .  Without RA meds I am in so much pain i can hardly move, dress myself, or to even do the simplest things that most take for granted. It makes you feel worthless like you have no place left or no reason for living. 
  RA is an autoimmune disease that attacks your joints, skin, eyes and even your internal organs. It cares not what age it strikes. Children, Infant, Toddlers, Young and Middle aged adults also get it.  It is like living in hell every day of your life. Except the hell never ends. No matter how down i get or how very bad i wanna give up...I just can't.  I have children who need me....family that love me and I could never put them through that kinda pain.  All I can ask of anyone fighting the same or similar demon is to please don't give up on life.  It has to get better.  Think of all the people that would be devastated if you actually gave in to harm yourself or commit suicide.  It is the only thing that keeps me going in life and why no matter how very hard things get in my life....I can not give up...it isn't even an option. With every battle with every tear that is shed no matter how very hard it is we can't give up...we just can't.  Even in our darkest of times we have to hold onto hope that it will get better.  I has to get better.  It just has too.



No comments:

Post a Comment