Monday, July 8, 2013

Hope

I couldn't sleep last night & when I can't sleep I either craft or write. Last night I chose to write. So here's my second poem of the night & its titled
" Hope"


Here are the words in case the photos not clear enough to make out.



HOPE

With swollen hands and swollen feet and don't forget every body part that is  in between..I dream of pain free days...but that dream just seems so far away. 
Keep your chin up , I always say, looking forward to better days. Like days  when pain goes away.  The pain has come and gone before but before I know it its back at my front door. When it goes away ,if even a short time, all it does is mess with my mind.  Making me think it is all gone away all for it to surprise me as i awake in pain.   My pain has no rhythm and rhyme for it can strike at any ole time. You never know what it will attack next .  Will it be your hands...your knees or maybe your neck.  My pain has a name and it goes by RA...it will ruin your life and leave your mind in a haze.  More of you it wants to destroy all the while your mind it will toy.  Leaving you asking will it ever go away or will I ever really see those better days.  Somedays wonder is this how it will be ..painful body from head to feet?  I try to keep hope that the pain will end and hopefully soon have my life back again.  I take the harshest of meds ..some cause cancer and make you sick while others make your hair fall out in clumps before you know it you are feeling down in the dumps.   Out of desperation these toxic meds you will take because all you want is for the pain to just please  go away!!!  I hold onto hope for more pain free days...hold on to hope for those better days. 
 
Tracy Pierce
July 8th 2013


~ RA TRAY~ Raising Awareness one Person at a Time~
Find my private RA support group on facebook under RA Tray.
We would love to have you join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment